Need help? No one is alone in this fight. Apply for a stipend by completing a short questionnaire here.
Common Lupus Symptoms
Keep a careful eye on your symptoms. Do they change over time? How are they affecting your daily life? Do they prevent you from doing things that you enjoy? Does lupus make you feel isolated, depressed, or frustrated? These are all important factors to share with your doctor.
Some of the most common lupus symptoms are:
- Painful or swollen joints
- Fingertips and/or toes become pale or purple from the cold or stress
- Sores in the mouth or nose
- Low blood count
- Red rash or color change on the face, across the cheek or bridge of nose
- Unexplained fever for several days
- Chest pain associated with breathing
- Protein in the urine Extreme fatigue — feeling tired all the time Sensitivity to the sun
- Depression, trouble thinking, and/or memory problems
- Unusual hair loss, mainly on the scalp